Friday, October 17, 2008

Dia De Los Muertos Collection: Piece 1-Sugar Skulls.



Finally! The first piece for my "Dia De Los Muertos" Halloween collection.
Dunno anything about the holiday? Educate yourself here
Day of the Dead


I wanted to do this collection to experiment with my heritage and culture. My family celebrates this holiday, sometimes I go to Mexico for it with relatives that live there but lately I just celebrate it at home. Its a lot of fun! And it feels like I get two Halloweens each year. I just love the fall.

Each piece will be inspired by the holiday and I'll do them digitally and traditionally. I really want to experiment. Hopefully, I can get in 6 pieces by the end of the month...or maybe more if Im lucky.

A day of the dead without sugar skulls is like a Charms Blow Pop without the bubble gum inside. It's a must-have.
So yummy yummy!

~Tara

2 comments:

Mark Harman said...

Tara this is great! Keep up the good work, and good luck in college. I just graduated from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh in June from their animation program. I can honestly say it was the most fun I have ever had!! You are going to ROCK it!!

Arschblog said...

They do look tasty!!!=D I like how you color your art! I have to learn a lot!
I'm glad to see you here!!!:D