Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Guest Spot in Lenore Issue 14!

Hey all! Sorry for the lack of posting, I've been busy with work and other things. It doesn't mean I won't post here. They will just take a little longer than usual. Thats all. Don't fret though, I have a lot of new goodies to show you in the future, along with other cool work! Keep an eye out. Thanks everyone who has visited, commented and just stopped by and said hello! It truly is appreciated and I love meeting all you wacky and fun people.



Roman Dirge randomly threw a guest spot contest the past weekend and needed it the following Monday. I decided to give it a shot since the deadline was so close. I only had an hour to create the image since I had other projects. I didn't hear a response for a few days, thinking he probably got a close friend to take the spot but then he responded with a "I liked yours the best out of the 73 entries sent to me, congrats and great job. You beat a few of my friends who entered".

PS:......Taxidermy is my favorite.

Whoo! So here's my entry. Be sure to buy Lenore Issue #14, July 30th this year!


For more creepy cute scary fun created by Dirge including "Lenore" and other things that go bump in the night. Visit his
Taxidermied LiveJournal

More to come!
~Tara

5 comments:

James said...

Sooooooo cool. I'm getting addicted to your work (and inspired to dust off my pencils).

Where did you study? Do you sell original pieces?

Kurdt said...

I was wondering when the new Lenore was going to come out! Roman seems to have been rather quiet lately, Internet wise...

Congrats on getting the guest spot!

Nico said...

WOW, I love it Tara and congrats! Man, you are sweeping every competition!! You deserve it, great work!

Tara Billinger said...

James: Thanks! I'm glad you like my stuff. I didn't really study anywhere, I was self taught. I'll be going to college in the fall this year. I was planning to open an etsy shop in the future, probably when I have more stuff to sell.

Kurdt: Yes, hes been a little distant considering he just changed publishers, thats probably his reason of absence. Thanks for the congrats!

Nico: Hehehe thanks, Nico. I haven't entered a contest in awhile so I was quite shocked about the whole thing. PS: I will be attending the SD comic con this year, I'll be at the SLG booth. :)

Nico said...

Sweet. I must come by so we can high-five!