Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pah Pah Pah-Leeease, Not Patty Cake



My piece for the up and coming The Autumn Society 80s POP! Gallery show.

I was in such a tough bind deciding on what to pick for my piece. Considering so much grade A awesomeness came from that decade. I pondered for days until I decided to go with the classic "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". I grew up with him over the years and I've been a big fan ever since. Plus, it came out on the year I was born! Bonus points.

I picked the "patty cake" scene. Just the thought of cartoon's exploding after drinking alcohol was a funny idea, hell, the idea of "patty cake" known to cartoons point of view is a funny idea. The scene was so chaotic and emotional. Totally fun to draw, I had to get every detail from the scene in this.

Here's my layout drawing for the piece

And here's my inks


This is up for grabs at the show btw!

Man. Judge Doom always freaked me out when I was a kid. That squeaky voice. *shudders*

Be sure to come down to the gallery on Friday, June 5th, from 6-9pm.

45 N. 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA

They'll be 64 amazing pieces at the show, all done by talented artists from all over. Come, reminisce and get a blast from the past.

~Tara

10 comments:

Nico said...

Love Roger Rabbit, and I LOVE this piece. You captured the scene perfectly, and then some. man Tara, you're on fire!!! Have fun at your show buddy

Tara Billinger said...

Nico- Awww shucks Nico, thanks a lot. I wish I could attend the show but its in Philadelphia, which I am not. Poo.

Malcolm said...

One of the best scenes from my favorite movie, redrawn by one of my favorite artists.

Good on ya, Tara.

Art Fan Ako said...

Roger RAbbit couldn't handle it! Awesome work.

Miss Withers's Art and Junk said...

I like this muchly.

Nico said...

Aw, that's too bad. Oh well, there's always............ COMIC CON

Scott said...

Wow- Amazing blog, great work!

Katie said...

YAY!!! This is awesome!! I would love to see you and Zach colaborate on drawing the weasels from Roger Rabbit!

Skid said...

So awesome, you definitely did RR justice! I peed a little!

Tara Billinger said...

Thanks everyone!

-Katie
I adore the weasels, I almost wanted to put them in there but they weren't even in this scene. Maybe we can whip up something later. :3