Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pop shows, Presents, Gliders and Sketches


Hiya! Its been a while since I last posted. Been busy, in a good way I suppose. Lots of ups and downs but I'm holding up. To make up for my absence here's a super lengthy post for you all.

First off, the The Autumn Society's "80s POP show" is open to the public!

Not only that but the event received a feature on Cartoon Brew!
Eeeee, its the first time I was ever showcased there.
It was also featured at all these cool places here!
Slash Films
Meathaus Enterprises
Geeky Tyrant
Cube Craft
and
Universo HQ

Whoo! Here's some pickys from the gallery's opening.

Full house!

People dressed up!

Yes, yes. Point and be amazed. *point point point*

You can see my piece in this picture!
It was bought on the first night. *excited*
This will be up for all to see all month long! So be sure to catch it.
I've been invited to work on the "Golden Age Gallery show" next month, so stay tuned!
* I think I already know who I'm going to do*

What else has been going on? Hmmmm....

Oh yes! Zach sent me a wonderful package and it has just arrived. It was to cheer me up due to dealing with loads and loads of personal events that have happened in the past couple months. I don't want to get into it but it has gotten me in a really chaotic and stressful state. This package is a great picker upper for me. (Im better now, mind you)

This is what I saw when I woke up this morning.
A re re version of Oswald. :3
Then I opened the box to find THIS!!!

*pees in pants*

It also had an adorable original brown papered drawing that
Zach drew one of our anniversaries.

and Elvis Presley sticky notes. 8P

The Oswald figure is amazing! Its a limited edition HEAVY figure,
its about 9' tall and came in a really fancy
10" x 7" box. Look! It even has golden cloth!

Just the box is a treat. Great images and tidbits
on the little bugger. This came straight from the
Disney store in CA and has a stamp of authenticity on
the bottom of the base of the figure.

Oswald is one of my favorites, I never knew he even had
merchandise. So getting him is just really amazing.
I love him, Zach!


Just look at that smirk lol
This is why I named my suggie, Oswald.
They're both sassy egotistical grumps.

Speaking of suggies, mine just got a brand
new cage set! *Spoils them* Now I won't feel
so bad about them being in the cage and having
nothing to do. Check it!
Dia De Los Muertos themed!!!

Now they can live in style!

They went CRAZY for their new home. I would of taken
pictures of them playing on it but they were being butts
and sleeping at the time. *Their inside
the pouch in the back in the picture above*

EDIT: Here's some pics of them up.

Jippo wants out.

Oswald chillin'.

I've drawn a picture of them playing with their
new set but I have to touch it up but I'll post
it here later.

And here's some commissions I've done recently for my 100 ten dollar sketches I've been doing over at my DA account.

Lindsey, I drew her while Zach drew her fiance, Chris. Cute, huh? c:




And last but not least, a basset hound smoking a pipe. My friend has one of these and it crushes me when ever it sits on my lap and he pulls me around like a ragdoll when I take him on walks. Still a cute little fellow to say the least.

I'll be sure to update soon! I know I will have a lot to say this month. Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting <3

~Tara

6 comments:

Nico said...

this post is FILLED with happiness! Yay!!!!! What a great package of surprises too, that Oswald figure KICKS!

Chogrin said...

Thanks for the lovely write up and amazing Oswald figure! I'm so jealous! Now, if they only made flip the frog and Willie Whopper figurines! :)

Tara Billinger said...

Nico-Shhhhyeeeeah! I love my Oswald figure and glider alike!

Chogrin-But of course! Baaah, I know. They really need to get to making things like that. People just dont acknowledge that people would actually BUY this stuff.

Katie said...

Wow, so much cool stuff to see!!! I would have peed myself as well if I'd gotten that gift in the mail!

Also, after seeing the new cage, I want to be a sugar glider and live in it. :)

And of course, the drawings look awesome, as always! :D

Tara Billinger said...

Katie-Haha! I think the same thing every time I see them catapult and nose dive into their hammock. *sticks buckteeth out of a smiley grin while blushing* Daw, shucks. Much obliged, Katie. <3

James E. Daniels said...

I came across that very same Oswald figure up here in Winnipeg,Canada last year at our Disney Store!
Immediate purchase even though it was a little expensive, but still a great collectible!