Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tara Fun Fact......

I CAN SEW!!!
Whoa! Mind boggling, I know.



I've always used to sew but I'd only work on clothes, fleece blankets or pouches for my gliders, never really thought of creating things in plushie form.

Until this year... while in California, sometime in June my mom purchased a huge HUGE box of fleece fabric, she kept all the patterned fleece while she gave me colors among colors of base colored fleece. Then I started brain storming. Wondering if I could actually make SOMETHING out of this material. I made a test plush and WHAM, I was hooked.

So to reveal my long awaited secret since June, I give you my 3rd plush made (the others will be shown soon) Kimbo.

For my good pal, Ricky Garduno, Thursday dumm for Dummcomics.com.

He's completely hand stitched, can sit, hes 26 inches (including the ears) and when he sits hes 18 inches. He took about 6 hours to make on and off. Hes very huggable and soft.



For being such a simple design he was tough to make, I had to recreate the sausage ears three times and his head shape once.



I'm kinda sad that I'm giving him away lol



You can kinda see my Stitch plush behind him to sorta give you a good view on size comparison.



This is when I was barely starting to cut out the pieces. (You also get a hint on who I'm doing next in this shot) Shhhhh.

I want to make some plushes for friends first (i'm so nice) and then later create some custom plushies of my original characters.



He was just a head for the longest time.

I'm sending this your way Ricky along with a xmas package Zach and I are making. ^^

Now that my secret is out, I will be making tons of plush dolls in the future. I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Next post will be "Wild".

~Tara

13 comments:

Nico said...

Kimbo plush = um, I WANT.

Ricky is so lucky to get that! It's so fun and well-made, Tara!!

Also, Kali was having photobucket probs too. I think it's just a problem with the site, I'm sure they'll fix it soon?

Tara Billinger said...

Nico- I figured out the problem a few moments ago. Photobucket makes you pay 2 bucks a month now or else that bandwidth of death reveals its ugly head. I wouldn't pay 2 bucks but I have ALL those images for my links and I did not want to re do them all.

Kimbo looks better in person. I suck at taking a decent picture.

Katie said...

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara you are awesome.
(OuO)

Tara Billinger said...

Katie-Hohoho...
Oh the surprises that will unfold in the future.

Sean Worsham said...

That's soooo sweet of you Tara! Ricky will LOVE this :D.

Tara Billinger said...

Sean- I had these plushes planned out for months. So its no big deal. ^^

Thanks! I hope he does too.

Ricky said...

This is pretty damn awesome. Thanks so much Tara!

TV's Kyle said...

Wicked awesome (and totally radical cool)!

potato farm girl said...

Gosh I luv him!! Wonderful craftsmanship, lady!

Tara Billinger said...

Ricky-Anytime Ricky! Im super happy you like it.;)

Kyle-Thanks! Theres more to come.

Brianne- Thank you! I have more complexed plushies in store.

John-Michael Morgan said...

That's so awesome, Tara! Ricky is super SUPER lucky to get that little plushy.

Tara Billinger said...

John-Michael Morgan-Thanks friend, hes an awesome pal so it was a must. ^^

Ian Andersen said...

That's so awesome, you managed to make the cutest child abuser ever 10-20 times much cuter!