Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Leftovers and Tigerbuttah Plush!



Aaww, I was a day late to post. I was out partying all night that I didn't have time to show everyone my costume but I guess one day can't hurt.

This is the best picture taken at a party I attended. I'll be sure to take more during the "Halloween Leftovers" party Zach and I are throwing soon.

Surprise!
I chose Frida Suarez from the Nick cartoon "El Tigre" (Sorry, Coraliners, her outfit was a little too pricey to whip up and I couldn't find all her items on time. I'll probably be her or Boop next year. ;)

The goggles are spray painted red and black, the suspenders were the only item I needed to complete the outfit but the last store I checked at the mall had them and I know I'm probably going to wear them with outfits in the future.
I love love LOVE my boots, I wear them all the time and it was really fun rockin' out blue hair. I never wore a skirt so short before though haha.

Halloween this year was super fun and I'm already thinking about next Halloween plans. Hope you dig it!

*Does my best tiger roar*

PLUSHIE BONUS!

Whoo! I finished my second plush today!



Custom made for my dear friend Becky Who runs the the coolest painted daily comics around. This is her buttah paws, Tigerbuttah. This is part of a Christmas gift Zach and I are putting together for her and Frank. ^^

He's made of fleece, he's about 13 inches tall and is super cuddly and soft. He was a bit complex to build. His body is hand sewn along with the ears, the textured lines on the ears were all hand sewn in to make that effect and there is a total of 20 stripes on his body. (Some aren't visible once I sewn on the head and tail.) All hand sewn. X_X Ugh, my finger was dying. He took about 3 days to make on and off. ( I took a lot of breaks though.) I love him, he sits on his little bum, his tongue is fun to play with and I think he was my most complex plush to date. I'm very proud of him.

Some progress shots:



Here's the head and pieces of ear fabric I cut out. The head was barely taking shape. Then I started pining down all the facial features so I could hand sew them on.



His head took the most time to construct. His ears aren't even attached yet in this picture.

This is heading to New Zealand to live with Becky and Frank.

I hope you enjoy! More art and plush work soon!

So what did everyone do for Halloween? Give me the dirt.

(Goes off to spend the day with her mom, its her Birthday.)

~Tara

11 comments:

John-Michael Morgan said...

That is such a cute costume, Tara! I didn't do a costume for Halloween: I just stayed in and watched a bunch of scary movies.

And you did an awesome job with the plush!

Sean Worsham said...

Looks like you were busy, but had fun doing so nonetheless.

San Smith said...

your Halloween costume is adorable! And the plush came out pretty amazing :)

Megan DeKay said...

Hee Hee! Blue hair buddies!

Zach Bellissimo said...

Haha can't believe how different you look with that wig. But still good <3

And that Tigerbuttah is great, babe, glad ya finally finished him, looks like a professional plush!

NateBear said...

My girlfriend wore a blue wig too, but that was the extent of the costume. "hey I'm wearing a blue wig." Only later did we even consider that it would be perfect fora Coraline costume.

Props for probably having the only costume this year that I haven't seen before or wasn't totally predictable. I counted at least 12 Maxes (sorry Zack) and 9 Lady Gagas.

Niko Anesti said...

Whoa, that is one amazing Halloween costume! Excellent job on it! It's really too bad Halloween is only one day and not like...a week, haha. Very cute plushie too!

Kali Fontecchio said...

You look so cute!

Your dolls are amazing, I'm in constant awe of your skills! Tigerbutta is so cool!!!

Gabe Swarr said...

Super cute and cool costume Tara! Great Job!

ZSL said...

that costume looks pretty darn accurate to me.
also painfully cute tiger head!

Tara Billinger said...

Thanks everyone!!!!