Friday, September 24, 2010

Tigre Trinkets at My Door Step!



YeeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I got the coolest package when I came home from New York a while ago, I've just been so busy that I haven't had the time to reveal it.

This magnificent gift came from the wonderful creator team Jorge Gutierrez and Sandra Equihua!!!

They decided to surprise me with THESE beauties!



Wow! I can't believe this, in my box which was quite heavy, filled with popcorn to the rim was five smaller white boxes with names on them. Inside those were these AMAZING limited edition El Tigre bobbleheads!



Just look at these! There so well crafted, when I opened them I was just in awe with every reveal. Grandpapi's sombrero bobbles and every single skull dangling from his hat has a painted face!



When they said they were sending me bobble heads, I wasn't expecting to get the full set!



You cannot buy these anywhere. Nickelodeon made them strictly for in-house distribution to cast/crew members when the show was still in production.

I am so touched that you guys would consider me a member of the team and going back to Nick and getting these for me. I'm beyond honored. I still can't believe it. I don't even....*chokes up a little*



Just look at those details! They all look like they were individually painted. The sculpts are so crisp and clean and their so fragile and delicate I didn't even want to take them out of their styrofoam prisons at first. Now, their proudly placed on a safe shelf in my room. *My custom Frida charm I got from my friend from Sweden sits nicely on El Tigre's ear*

They were also kind enough to send me the cast and crew DVD box set of the series! I can watch them any time now, instead of waiting on Nicktoons to play them all. They always play like the same four episodes. >:[



If you've haven't noticed, I love to collect things for my favorite cartoon shows that have a special place in my heart or inspired/influenced me and I dedicate places in my room to them. Ren & Stimpy, Ed, Edd n Eddy, ext. They mean that much more when their from the creators/crew members which I seem to have a lot of.

This is my El Tigre swag I've collected over the years, its been years? Really? Dang.

You both have been so generous and kind to me over the years and I can't thank you enough. You have no idea how much these gifts mean to me and I'll forever treasure them.



And if you haven't seen it already, check out their latest pitch they created for Disney!

Carmen Got Expelled! PILOT from Jorge R. Gutierrez on Vimeo.



I was supposedly going to work on this show on storyboards but unfortunately for the world, they didn't pick it up. :'( Due to edgyness. BAH!

Enjoy none the less as its pretty badass.

Thank you guys immensely for everything! I know I'll work with you both someday! Its only a matter of time. ;3

More soon.

~Tara

3 comments:

Mukpuddy said...

Wow, that's awesome... I'm jealous!!!

Sly said...

Whoa, these are incredible. I've never watched El Tigre, but your posts on it kind of make me want to.

Eric Bauza said...

Perhaps the COOLEST bob-heads ever made!!!